Sunday, February 28, 2010

Insufficient Payback

My parents must be breathing a sigh of relief. For about two weeks now, I've been a guest in their house. I've had (almost) all my meals made for me, breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. My dog has been walked, my bed has been made, my laundry washed, dried and folded and my clothes ironed. It's really been wonderful. I have been extremely spoiled. And all that I have offered in return? Fried fish and onion rings. Not exactly a fair trade, although they are really delicious onion rings.

ONION RINGS

INGREDIENTS:
Onion, sliced thickly to create rings
Flour
Left over batter from the fried fish recipe
Oil (canola, veg, etc)

DIRECTIONS:
Fill your deep pot with about 2-3 inches of oil. Allow the temp to get to 360 F. Lightly flour then batter several onion rings. Make sure to shake off excess flour and then excess batter, so it's not goopy. Toss several rings in at a time. Cook for 3 minutes, turning halfway through. Use to bribe thank family members.

2 comments:

JMLC said...

Those do look yummy. Does this mean you're back home now for good?

Carrietracy said...

Sadly, no. The car is still not fixed, so I'm probably looking at two days, maybe three. But hey, the end is in sight, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails