Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Neglect


I'm sorry. I feel as though I've been neglecting you. I can look at the main page and see that I posted Wednesday, so I do have evidence that I haven't abandoned ship, but mentally, I'm afraid I've been a bit off. Not a single thought has entered my mind about how to tell you about this pizza, other than the usual: Tomatoes. Mmmm. Drool. The cause of my distraction is my new blog Between the Pages, in which I use my amazing teacherly reading skills to tell people what is up in kids' books these days. If you have kids, or need to buy books for them sometimes, check it out! If you have no interest whatsoever in children's books, then let's just pretend this little digression never happened.

It's still summer. There are still tomatoes to be eaten.

TOMATO AND BACON PIZZA

INGREDIENTS:
1/4 recipe dough - this makes a pizza for 2, maybe about a 10" or 11" had it been round - I did not 1/4 the recipe, I made a whole recipe a long time ago and portioned it out and froze it.
2 tomatoes, sliced thin
1 1/2 C grated mozzarella
1/2 C parm (divided into 1/4 C and another 1/4 C)
4 slices bacon

2 cloves garlic
3 T olive oil.

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat your oven to 475 F. Put the pan in the oven to preheat as well. Chop up the bacon, I liked mine big enough to taste, so not a small dice or anything. Pop the bacon in a hot pan and cook until crisp. Remove when done and put on a paper towel to drain a bit. In a small pot, heat up the olive oil and garlic together, for about five minutes. Roll out your dough. Transfer your dough to the pan. Brush on the olive oil that you've infused with garlicky goodness. Cook for 7 minutes or until the bottom is firm. This is not a dough that you want crispy or it will be like a cracker. Top it with the mozzarella and the first 1/4 C of parm. Then add the tomatoes and bacon. Add the rest of the parm. Stick it back in the oven for 4-6 minutes or until the dough is lightly golden brown and the cheese is melty. Bite. Sigh at how good real tomatoes are. Steal the leftovers from your husband the next day at lunch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails