Sunday, May 5, 2013

Cinco de Mayo

In theory, I love this holiday.  I support any holiday that involves Mexican food and people getting to drink their fill of whatever festive alcoholic beverage strikes their fancy. But in practice, I don't think I've ever gotten my act together to actually celebrate Cinco de Mayo.  (Probably, this is good and I should stand on some sort of moral high ground for not co-opting the holidays of others).  This year, for example, I will be having crab cakes and artichoke.  Not even a little bit Mexican.

But just in case you're in the mood and are hunting for some probably inauthentic but tasty and manageable by the home cook type of recipes, here are some Hungry Hippo offerings...

Really good vaguely authentic enchiladas




What are your favorite Mexican recipes?  Are you celebrating Cinco de Mayo?  Already?  


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails