Monday, December 24, 2007

Twas the Night Before Christmas...


Six years ago, my aunt and uncle and cousin, moved to the town where my parents live. This was fabulous, not only because they are some of my favorite relatives, but because my uncle is a seriously good cook. And one of my favorite holiday traditions was created, Christmas Eve dinner.
Each Christmas Eve he would showcase his talents, and manage to accomodate the increasingly complicated dietary restrictions of our family, by making an amazing buffet.
Sadly this year, they are all enjoying Christmas in their new, beautiful home in Seattle, but my mother and I are still cooking up a storm.
Here's our Christmas Eve menu. I'll do my best to pass along recipes as the night goes on.
Christmas Eve Dinner:
vegetarian
Gruyere puffs
portobello mushrooms stuffed with artichokes, mushrooms, parmesan and garlic
deviled eggs
phyllo triangles filled with apples, bleu d'Auvergne, chopped walnuts and a drip of honey
spanikopita (cheese and spinach pie)
meat and fish
chorizo in puff pastry
Alsatian onion tart
garlic shrimp with fried polenta
pork pies
wok-smoked duck quesadillas
ham biscuits

3 comments:

JMLC said...

omigosh! I want to be there for dinner with you!!!mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!

Carrietracy said...

We could seriously use you. As usual, I was terrified there would not be enough food. It seems I may have overestimated by a little, teeny amount.

JMLC said...

That is shocking. Shocking, I tell you!!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails