Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mr. Postman

Last summer, after an artichoke boiling session, a kitchen tragedy occurred.  I noticed a small chip in the creamy enamel that coats the inside of my treasured Le Creuset.  At this point, I began wailing "Noooooooooo" and then whining pathetically to Ryan "But, I love my Le Creuset."  And then I did what any good procrastinator in denial does and I put it back into the cabinet.  Periodically I would gaze at it hoping it had miraculously mended, but sadly the chip remained.  Luckily I am occasionally seized with fits of productivity and deep in the grips of one such fit I did a little research.  Evidently, if you have a damaged Le Creuset product you can call them and get a Returned Merchandise Authorization number.  Then you take that number, write a pathetic but highly praising letter, pack that poor sad pot up in the leftover wrappings of your last William-Sonoma purchase (more info on that another time) and head to the post office.  You pay for your own shipping, but Le Creuset will either replace the product (if they think it's their fault) or give you a discount towards a new one (if it's your fault).  I figured either choice was better than keeping a pot that made my heart break anew each time I opened the cabinet.  I was eagerly anticipating my discount card (because if you know me, you know that 90% of problems occurring around me are my own fault) when I heard a knock at the door.  And there, on my doorstep was a little square box.  And in that little square box well...


Isn't he cute?  So yellow and shiny and enameled!  I love it when the postman brings me presents.  He's already had one good run, making the white turkey chili for the freezer, but he's got a place of honor in my cabinet and of course, on my stove.  See? You can admire him in his natural habitat.  


Moral of the story:  Some companies actually do honor their Lifetime Warranty.  This will only make you love your beloved product more.  And your postman.



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails