Friday, June 29, 2012

Radish in Review

 With only one day left before I go back to the farmer's market, I better return to my radish evangelizing, if only to psych myself up for my inevitable radish impulse buys!  In fact, I'm not going to even separate my radish recipes, I'm going to go ahead and give you two, right now.  (This is in no small part due to the fact that the second recipe isn't really a recipe. You'll see).  I really will try to be better about posting here this summer, but for now, go forth and eat radishes!

RADISH SALAD
INGREDIENTS:
1 black radish
1 red or purple radish
greens - I used romaine, but mixed would be nice
2 T freshly squeezed orange juice
1 T champagne vinegar
1 t honey
2 T extra virgin olive oil
Locatelli cheese

DIRECTIONS:
Peel and slice your black radish.  Fill a bowl with ice water and put the slices in for a few minutes, then remove and pat dry.  The soak takes out a lot of the bitter and spiciness, so you can adjust based on how you like your radishes. Slice the red or purple radish.  Chop your greens into manageable sized pieces (only necessary if you're using a lettuce  I suppose).  Put the radishes and greens into a salad bowl. In a small bowl, mix your orange juice, vinegar, honey and olive oil, combine it well with a whisk.  Pour the dressing over the greens and toss well to dress.  Plate your salads then use a peeler or grater to sprinkle with cheese.  Delicious!


RADISH + BREAD = HAPPY
YOU NEED:  Radishes, really good butter, really good french bread, kosher salt
HOW TO:  Slice the bread in half, toast if desired.  Spread with cold good butter (wait a bit for the bread to cool if you've toasted it).  Sprinkle with salt.  Lay down slices of radish.  Munch.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails